Thursday. 11:30 AM. Esther just announced the switch from Breakfast Menu to Lunch Menu. It was a moderately busy morning and the dining room is filling for lunch as the last of the breakfast trays come streaming out of the kitchen, stopping just long enough for a few snapshots to replenish the image bank for Facebook.
Hayley is busy pouring some beverages. The kitchen crew is already preparing the first lunch dishes. Meanwhile, the 158 Main blogger sits at the counter, staring at a blank page. We’ve published over 350 articles after all, and though inspiration is certainly not lacking, it is sometimes difficult to zero in on any of the topics that present themselves to the imagination. Except… a sudden idea: Let’s ask the crew what’s their favorite breakfast or lunch pick.
Hayley happened to walk by and kindly indulged the inquiry. The Irish Benedict and French Toast are most likely to land on her Breakfast or Brunch plate. As for Lunch, she’d enjoy the BBQ Chicken Ranch Salad or Green Mountain Flatbread Pizzette any day.
- Irish Benedict – Poached Eggs, Corned Beef Ash, English Muffin, Hollandaise, Home Fries.
- BBQ Chicken Ranch Salad – BBQ Grilled Chicken, Guacamole, Tomato, Corn, Black Beans, Cucumber, Red Onion, Tossed with our BBQ-Ranch Dressing Over Romaine.
- Green Mountain Flatbread – Grilled Portobello, Charcoaled Onion, Roasted Red Pepper, Grilled Zucchini, Oven Dried Tomato, Homemade Mozzarella.
Esther does not hesitate one moment. The invitation to share her favorite 158 Main dish results in the signature Hester laugh as she announces with assurance, “Wicked Sticks!” In fact, Hayley echoed this at the same time. She knows her well. The Breakfast menu offers two of her other favorite dishes: Eggs Benedict (we seem to have a pattern here) and the Deep-Fried Baguette French Toast.
- Wicked Sticks – Fries Smothered with BBQ Sauce, Chipotle Mayo, Jack, Cheddar, Topped with Tomato and Scallions.
- 158 Classic Benedict – Poached Eggs, Canadian Bacon, English Muffin, Hollandaise, Home Fries.
- Deep Fried French Toast – Grand Marnier & Vanilla Bean French Toast Made with Our Homemade Baguette, Deep Fried.
The dining room keeps filling, as do the front porch tables. It is a gorgeous day to eat outside. None of the oppressive heat of last week. The kitchen crew is now fully engaged with the first Lunch orders, so there won’t be time to investigate beyond the kitchen curtain today, but Josh walks by and stops long enough for a brief answer: It’s Burgers for him. Any of the 158 Main Burgers that is. Oh, and the Irish Benedict too!
- 158 Burgers – Classic, Portobello bacon Swiss, Bacon & Blue, Vermont Cheddar, Patty Melt, BBQ Bacon Cheese, Vegetarian, Portobello.
It looks like Benedicts get the vote. Meanwhile, Lunch trays are brought out of the kitchen in what seems like a continuous flow and the top picks in that case are no surprise either: Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Burgers and Grilled Flatbread Pizzettes are in the spotlight today.
We’ll continue our investigation with the dinner crew at a later time.
Curious about our menus? Click HERE!