Lazy mornings and lazy evenings. An entire day in your jammies. A slightly messy house that is just alright as is. Delicious, perfectly acceptable procrastination. We may spring the clock forward and make it fall back with the changing seasons, but when the Holiday Season comes around, we are perfectly entitled to a sort of reclaiming of our time. And then there’s food.
We joke about the few extra pounds we are almost certain to gain this time of year, yet somehow this is not as troublesome as say, spring or summer weight gain. We know it will pass. Most of all, the true feast is a feast of freedom. And that is certainly worth it. A sort of carefree life; this is the gift of the Holiday Season. And then there’s pleasure.
Few things are as pleasurable as a good snack, a cozy sofa, a good movie, nowhere to be and nothing pressing to tend to. Movies provide an escape, but more than this, they invite the mind back into the realm of imagination and possibility. We step back from the daily grind with a good movie, and it does not even have to be a comedy or romance. No matter the genre, a good, solidly built movie cleanses the mind of our own stress and drama, somehow. Sharing the experience with family and friends is all the more cathartic.
Did you know that the most watched movies during the Holiday Season are not Christmas movies at all? Thrillers are at the top of the list. In addition to this, movies from 1970’s, 80’s and 90’s hold the top positions year after year, in spite of newer generations of storytellers and audiences.
Here are a few uncommon Holiday Season Movie suggestions. As for the side dish, why, pizza, of course. T’is the season for boxes and treasures, after all.
- The Movie: Jaws or Die Hard
- The Pizza: Definitely a job for the JPD Works – Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella, Pepperoni, Sausage, Green Peppers, Onions and Mushroom.
- The Movie: Sleepy Hollow or Pan’s Labyrinth
- The Pizza: Pesto – Pesto base, Mozzarella, Spinach, Roasted Red Peppers, Artichokes and Broccoli.
- The Movie: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind or Cast Away
- The Pizza: Veggie Lovers – Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella, Mushrooms, Green Peppers, Onions and Eggplant.
- The Movie: The Matrix or Jurassic Park
- The Pizza: Buffalo Chicken – Buffalo Sauce, Mozzarella, Blue Cheese Crumble, Buffalo Chicken and Celery.
- The Movie: Being John Malkovich or Lost in Translation
- The Pizza: Margherita – Fresh Tomato, Homemade Mozzarella, Garlic and Fresh Basil.
By the way… the JPD Menu is right HERE… Happy movie watching!