As a follow-up on our very popular Pizza For Breakfast segment, we bring you… Pizza For Lunch!
Quiche is round. Pizza is round… but this is not where we’re going with this. While leftovers simplify mealtime choices, a great part of the enjoyment of a simple, hearty meal is in the preparation, and preparation demands transformation.
You can serve this Quiche at any meal, even breakfast. It will serve 4, generously. At the time of this writing, Thanksgiving is about 15 days away. This recipe is perfect for your leftover turkey.
1 Cheese Pizza, chopped
1 1/2 cup thinly chopped cooked turkey
1 onion, chopped
1 cup raw Spinach
1/2 cup grated Cheddar
4 whole Eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Get a deep pie dish and place it up-side-down in the center of the cheese pizza to mark a circle.
3. Cut out the center of the pizza and fit it inside the pie pan. Set aside.
4. Chop the remaining pizza in 1/2″ pieces. Place these in a mixing bowl.
5. In a skillet, wilt the onions over medium-high heat. Add them to the mixing bowl.
6. Add remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl and blend well so that egg mixture coats everything. Transfer to pie dish.
7. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and reshape it so that it only covers the top of the Quiche, but is not sealed around the pie dish. Bake 10 minutes more.
8. Serve with a salad, and with a side of cranberry sauce for a deliciously sweet touch.