Anti Pasta Salad is utterly refreshing and so versatile. You can make this recipe from scratch, using a 158 Main baguette and ingredients of your choice, or save time and get our JPD Anti Pasta Salad instead.
One baguette will yield about 24 bouchées. If you are serving a buffet style meal, allow for 4 per dining guest. This recipe is entirely up to your creative mood.
Ingredients (per baguette):
JPD Anti Pasta Salad or equivalent volume of assorted meats, cheeses, olives and greens of your choice.
1. Cut off the ends of the baguette and slice it into three pieces. Save the ends.
2. Hollow out each section with a long knife, leaving at least 1/2 inch of crust. Do not discard the center.
3. Place the baguette ends and insides in a blender or food processor. Add the anti pasta ingredients. Pulse the mixture into chunky pieces. Do not purée. Texture is key to this tasty appetizer.
4. Transfer to a bowl. Add olive oil and lemon juice and mix well.
5. Pack each baguette segment with the Anti Pasta mixture.
6. Wrap each segment tightly with plastic wrap.
7. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Slice into bites before serving.
Presentation: Secure with cocktail toothpicks and serve with an assortment of dressings for dipping. We recommend Blue Cheese.
Variation: This may surprise you, but you will be hooked once you try it. Serve with fruit preserves or cranberry sauce to spoon over each bouchée.
Planning a catered event? Call Chef Jack @ 802-644-8100.
Our Breads to Take Home –
- White ($4.00)
- Wheat, maple wheat, rye, multi-grain. honey-oat ($4.50)
- Cinnamon raisin ($4.75)
- Baguette ($4.50)
Bread Serving Suggestions for Any Occasion